Tuesday 3 March 2015

Weight Loss. The Very Beginning.



It was only Three weeks ago that I choose I was finally ready to get fit. There were many contributing factors to this decision:
1. Summer is looming: I know its cliché but i realised that this summer is going to be one that changes me as a person, as I start my travelling journey with my Best-friend. I realised that I wanted to be fit and healthy in order to be able to do everything I want to do; go biking in the mountains, run along the beach and  spend all day walking around museums and  tourist attractions this will all be done in the sweltering heat, so i needed to be ready for that and as it stood I defiantly wasn't. So in order to be ready to change mentally and spiritually I needed a physical difference.
2. I want to look good: I Love fashion and style and Beauty and everything in between; being fat limits your choice; there are very few retail stores that provide good quality and fashionable clothing for bigger teenagers, so instead of complaining and letting my style suffer, I decide I would change.
3. Health: Its so easy to pretend that your fine when your avoiding mirrors or getting naked but what wont lie is your ability to climb stairs or walk to work. It is when simple things like this start to become effected that you know its time to make a change.
4. Happiness: I don't really mind being fat at all, i don't even care about other peoples comments or views, but the fatter you get the more you withdraw yourself from society. When I started at Uni I wanted to join the netball team but I couldn't; not because of my ability but because i was frustrated with myself at the fact that I wouldn't be able to play to a standard that I Could if I was a few stone lighter. That then inhibited my happiness it meant no netball socials or no knew friends. In the last few months I have stopped looking in the mirror, stopped getting naked and stopped wearing clothes that I want and that makes me so sad, sad that i let myself do that to me and sad that it could have been stopped.

So after making this decision, I made a few goals. (This is a great way to motivate yourself, make them about physical, mental and social aspects of your life and not just based on numbers)


1. Lose 3 stone by June 14th: I leave for my trip across Europe on this day, therefore its motivation to get fit for a specific event.
2. Be Fit enough to join the netball team next year.
3. Be Confident enough to wear no tights: This is a big thing for me I HATE my legs and the thought of not wearing tights makes me feel physically sick.
4. Swim twice a week
5. Eat Fruit and Veg everyday: Believe me when your a UNI student its the last thing on your mind and therefore thinking about what I eat is important, so setting a smalll task like this really reminds me.

It is important that you set yourself mini targets as well as big targets this will make you more motivated. So before I began my weight loss journey I asked myself Why i was doing it? and what I wanted to Achieve?



In my next post i will let you know how i Dropped 8 pounds (over half a stone) in  a week.

I would love it if anyone has cool, different or exciting weightloss tips that I coould try out.

M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment